Eco Nuts Natural Laundry Soap
Instructions and 2 wash bags are included.
Eco Nuts™ Are:
How To Use for Laundry
Do not overfill your laundry machine, the Eco Nuts ™work more efficiently with more agitation and room to work. There is no need to add fabric softener; your laundry will come out soft and fluffy without it. Make sure you store Eco Nuts in a cool, dry place. Eco Nuts ™can be used in both standard and high-efficiency machines (HE). Eco Nuts™work in all washing machines with any temperature water.
Great for Cloth Diapers!
Eco Nuts™ leaves very little residue, so you don't have to strip as often, and will remove any residue buildup left behind by other products.
Eco Nuts™are great for cloth diapers because they do not contain any dyes, enzymes, softeners, or fragrances which contribute to the deterioration and excessive wear/tear on diapers.
Eco Nuts ™ very effectively remove all lingering smells.
The saponin in Eco Nuts™ actually helps to loosen fibers in the dryer instead of tighten them, keeping your diapers as absorbant as they were when you first bought them, even after many many washes. This loosening effect that saponin has on fibers is also why no fabric softener is needed for your diapers to be soft and fluffy.t
How to wash your cloth diapers with Eco Nuts™
1. Flush any solid waste down the toilet.
2. Throw a batch of diapers (not more than 24 at a time to help with the agitation) and do a Cold-Cold prewash. Add about 1/2 a cup of Baking Soda or Washing Soda (optional)
2. When this wash cycle is done, Put 2-4 Eco Nuts™ in the cloth bag and put it in your laundry machine. If your washing machine runs very hot with the hot cycle, fewer Eco Nuts™ are recommended. If you are using Home Made Eco Nuts ® Liquid, use 1-2 tablespoons. If you are using Eco Nuts™ liquid Concentrate one 1 teaspoon is needed.
3. Set your machine to a Hot-Cold cycle and start.
4. Set the bag aside to dry and your diapers are ready for the clothesline or the dryer.
5. If your diapers aren't getting as white as you would like them, try leaving them in the sun for an effective natural white bleach! After drying in the sun, toss in the dryer for a few minutes to soften them up.
6. Eco Nuts leaves very little residue, but diapers should still be stripped once in a while for proper maintenence.
Eco Nuts™ are completely sustainable dried fruit shells that come from the Sapindus mukorossi tree (also called the Soap Berry or Soap Nut Tree) in Nepal, India and Indonesia. The ones we harvest come from high up in the Himalayas and are the highest quality "soap nut" on the market. These fruit shells have been used in India and China for centuries, and are now gaining popularity in America and Europe as a renewable, biodegradable and organic alternative to chemical detergents and expensive “Green” laundry soaps.
Eco Nuts™ contain saponin, a natural cleaner that works as a surfactant, breaking the surface tension of the water to penetrate the fibers of your clothing, lifting stains from the fabric and leaving dirt suspended in the water that is rinsed away.
Eco Nuts™ are gentle on both clothes and skin, making them ideal for those with sensitive skin, eczema, allergies and psoriasis. Because they are so mild, they are perfect for baby clothes and cloth diapers. All-Natural Eco Nuts™ are also great for septic and grey water systems. But don’t expect these shells to foam up like commercial soaps, which have artificial foaming agents. Foam simply does not represent cleaning power.
Nut Allergy Safe!
Eco Nuts™ are actually a berry fruit related to the lychee and are not nuts at all. They are completely nut allergy safe and have been used successfully with no reactions by people with nut allergies. They earned the name "nuts" because they dry into hard shells like nuts instead of squishy fruit.
While Eco Nuts™ has been a terrific solution for many customers with skin allergies and other conditions, people who have many allergies or compromised immune systems should always take proper precautions and first wash one small item in a small container or sink OR do a patch test before washing an entire load in the washing machine.